Tuesday, December 25, 2007

YUM Apple Pie

OH this was seriously SERIOUSLY YUMMMY!!!!

I had a frozen GF (Grandma Ferndon's) premade pie crust in the freezer that needed some filling and so I did this:

4-5 large apples peeled and sliced, I used a mix of Macintosh and Granny Smith
Juice of half a lemon
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup Chebe cinnamon roll up dry mix
1 tsp cinnamon

Mix all that up and stick it in your pie crust. It should be pretty high, over the top of the pan, as the apples will smoosh together as they bake.

Then mix this for the crumb topping:

1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup Chebe cinnamon rollup dry mi
1/2 to 1 cup soft butter
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup rolled oats (if you can't find Bob's Red Mill oats, you can probably leave this out)

With fork mash all that to form a soft crumbly mixture and spoon that onto the apple's. With your hands kind of press it into the top of the apples. It didn't completely cover all the apples, some were poking out, but it didn't end up mattering at all.

Place that in a preheated oven at 350 for however long it takes to be brown and bubbly. I think it was about an hour, but I didn't really keep track of the time. Sorry.........at least I am being honest!!! Anyway, let sit till cool enough to eat and enjoy with some vanilla ice cream or whipped topping.

This was WAY yummy.....I think the brown sugar gave it a more caramel-ly taste, which we loved!!!!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Sounds very yummy. Could you provide details on the crust? I'm having such trouble with a gluten-free pie crust.

Jen said...

I used a pie crust made by Grandma Ferndons.....http://www.grandmaferdons.com/ I think you can order them.....anyway, it was premade and yummy. Actually I have not had anything yet by her that is not yum.

I've also used Gluten Free Pantries Pie Crust Mix. It's not bad, better than Pamela's (in my opinion), just more work than one that is already prepared!

GOOD luck!!!