Sunday, December 23, 2007

JD Fred's Lettuce Wraps

Sean and Charles are out and about, so it's just me and the younger dudes, which means I am not making a big meal for them. BUT I do have some chicken breasts thawed that need cooked.....soooooooo, I made chicken nachos for them and lettuce wraps for me. YUM!!!

I Googled for the recipe, got several and ended up with this mish-mash as my recipe. They weren't bad for a first time, even with some of the substitutions I had to make. I will make them again. Although I will try to find garlic and red chili paste next time.

"Special Sauce"
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup
water
2 tablespoons
soy sauce
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons
ketchup
1 tablespoon
lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon hot mustard

1 teaspoon garlic powder and chili powder

Dissolve the sugar in the water, then add the other ingredients and set aside. I used spicy brown mustard, since that is all I had. I am sure PF Changs does NOT use what I did, but I am not going out in this weather!

Stir Fry

2 chicken breasts, cooked and either chopped fine or run through the food processor.

1/2 cup carrot, chopped fine

1 cup water chestnuts, chopped fine

1 cup mushrooms, chopped fine

1 tsp minced garlic

2 tbsp brown sugar

2 tbsp soy sauce (GF tamari)

1/2 tsp rice vinegar

throw all the above (except the special sauce that is still set aside) in a large pan and saute on high heat with about 1 tsp oil for jsut a few minutes, until all heated through. Serve in lettuce cups with special sauce.

Now I jsut need to figure out how the make that chocolate dessert that PF Changs serves. That is a little blob of heaven in raspberry sauce.....

No comments: