Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Sauteed mushrooms

This was like eating the yummiest mushroom ever. Even Charles agreed they were good!!! Although next time, I will just use all portabello and forget the white mushrooms, the white were good, but the portabello was just divine!!!

Saute about 2-3 cups cubed or quartered (depending on how big of mushrooms you use) in a tbsp (or so) butter with about 1-2 cloves garlic on high heat. Salt and pepper to taste while cooking.....

When mushrooms start to look tender add about a cup or so of white wine. I happened to have a bottle of Pinot Grigio open, and so that is what I used tonight. Usually I use a Chardonnay when cooking, but now I don't think it matters.

Anyway.........simmer on med. low heat until all the wine is evaporated. Took about 20 minutes maybe. I left a bit of sauce in the pan, and put the lid on to keep warm until the rest of the meal was done, then jsut reheat it right before serving and cooked off the last bit of liqud.

so ok....here is the list of ingredients.

2-3 cups mushrooms cut into bite sized pcs.
1-2 tbsp butter
1-2 cloves garlic
salt and pepper
1 cup white wine

1 comment:

Paula said...

I make something similar to that, but call them 40 dollar mushrooms, I use Grand Marnier instead of the wine...basically the same thing. YUMMY!! And I'm not a big mushroom fan...