Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Bacon wrapped tenderloin

OH HEAVENS!!!

This was GOOD!!! Not low fat, and probably not real good for our arteries, but every so often you just need to do this!!!

At Sam's again (I know, big shocker) anyway, for some reason the extra large gigantuan sized bacon package was calling to me, and those of you that know me, know that I do not buy raw bacon, I do NOT like the grease. But anyway so I decided to try something.....

about 2 lbs beef tenderloin steaks
6-8 slices bacon, cut in half
1 stick of butter
garlic, salt, pepper

toothpicks

melt butter in large baking dish. Preheat broiler. Cut beef into large chunks, season with garlic, salt and pepper. Wrap beef chunks with bacon slice, push toothpick through to hold bacon in place, place in baking dish.

Place dish on 2nd to top rack under broiler. Broil 4ish minutes, remove, turn beef over to brown other side, broil another 4 minutes or until red to your liking.......and eat!!!! No leftovers, none, and I probably should have made more......YUM!!!

No comments: