Tuesday, January 9, 2007

BBQ Pork

Ok, this is for one of those days in which one child has a 3pm appt, another has a 5pm appt and someone else needs to be at guitar lessons at 6, AND darling spousal person is working until, oh lets say 7, and the 2 year old has decided he DOES NOT need a nap!!!! SO you come home in the afternoon after spending $200 at the grocery and throw the following in the crockpot....

1 pork roast ( I don't know the size, I never look, I just buy one that looks good)
1 bottle of BBQ sauce (Kraft will list any gluten stuff)
personally I use Saz's and/or Sweet Baby Ray's
1 bottle of water
1 small can of diced chili peppers (optional!!)

Put the roast in the crock pot, dump the BBQ sauce on top, add chili's, add water to the nearly empty BBQ bottle and shake to loosen any bits, dump into crockpot. Put lid on pot and turn on high if it is after 12pm, low if it is earlier. Leave it alone until dinnertime. Then use 2 forks and/or a knife and pull the pork apart, sort of shredding it. Whatever, just make it into small bite sized pieces and leave it in the pot, stir it all up.

In the meantime......you have 2 options.

1.) bake some potatoes
2.) make some mashed potatoes

Then get out the sour cream, shredded cheese (we like cheddar, or a cheddar blend), chopped dill pickles and let everyone make thier own plate.

You dump some pork into/onto your potato, then add cheese, sour cream and chopped pickles and eat. Add some corn or green beans or a salad on the side and you have a quick and easy meal.

there is no pic. sorry at 7:45 I just wanted everyone fed and in BED!!!! I forgot to take a pic.

BUT this is a FAVORITE meal of ours and the pickles make it all!!!! Do not leave out the pickle!!

check out my real blog for a pic of my new dishwasher.......even she likes the BBQ pork!!

2 comments:

Paula said...

I am going to try that one!! Pickles sound really weird, but since I love them, I will try it.

Diana said...

Sounds great! I'll have to try that too, or just go over to Paula's when she makes it. ;o)