Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Hot Wings!

It's summer, which means I am at the grill again.

Franks hot sauce
butter

Chicken wing pieces

I grill the wing pcs first, when almost done I mix the hot sauce and melted butter and start to brush it on as I rotate the wings. I use about 2 cups Franks with 1/2 stick butter, other people will say to use the whole stick, I just don't see the difference and could probably leave the butter off all together.

Tonight I put them in the oven, on warm, as the boys were working at the firework stand and it was one of those nights that everyone would be eating as they came and went. The wings stayed yummy, and they were in there for about 5 hours.

Serve with salad and ranch dressing and the boys are happy.

2 comments:

Mikki Black said...

We have identical recipes, but different methods.

Instead of basting the wings while on the grill, I bring the Frank's and butter to a boil in a big saucepot (or large skillet), and kinda stir-fry the wings in the sauce. It binds the sauce to the wings nicely, then to keep them warm, I just put a little extra sauce in the pot with them, turn the heat all the way down and cover.

Jen said...

I sorta tried this Mikki! Only I used a big aluminum pan and sat it in the middle of the grill with only the side burners on, so it was indirect heat. Was fabulous!!!