Sunday, July 6, 2008

Brisket

This is something I've always been afraid to try, but my brother made one when we were visiting and I figured if he can do it and make it yummy, then so can I!!! (the reason I've never tried it is my fear of it coming out like shoe leather and making a quick stop in the trash can).

I used a small brisket, about 2 lbs. Seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic, cajun spices, and who know what else.

Heated the grill, and then turned off the inner heating elements, leaving the ones on the outer part of the grill on low. Put the brisket in the center of the grill, fat side UP, all indidrect heat on low and left it alone for about 3 hours. Then let it sit for a few minutes before slicing. Slice off the layer of fat first and throw away......blech!

Used an electric knife to slice it very thin against the grain and served with BBQ sauce. I don't think there were any leftovers.

My brother says the trick is to make sure you cut against the grain of the meat and to make the cuts super thin. Good luck!!!

No comments: