Sunday, July 20, 2008

Chicken thingy's


I used to make a version of this recipe all the time with leftover chicken and a can of crescent rolls. BUT for obvious reason's I haven't made it in a loooooong time. Anywhoo...I had some leftover rotisseried chicken and so I used a Chebe mix for the crust and apparently it was pretty good. My 9 year old nephew told me I HAD to give the recipe to his mom.

2-3 cups cut up cooked chicken
a cup or so of cream cheese, plain or chive and onion ( I used both)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
salt and pepper
garlic

mash that all together in a big bowl, set aside.

Prepare Chebe mix according to the instructions on the package and preheat oven to 375.

***I have a shallow muffin tin that I used but they are a little hard to find, so I'm sure a regular muffin tin will work fine.***

Separate dough into balls, I made 16 out of mine, but that could vary depending on the size of muffin tin you use. Flatten each ball into the muffin tin and up the sides, place a scoop of the chicken mixture inside and sprinkle with fresh parmesan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until browned.

Serve with a salad and veggies and you've got yourself a winner!

1 comment:

Drea said...

Oh man, I used to love the crescent roll chicken thingies. I can't wait to try this