Sunday, February 11, 2007

Pork Tenderloin

I've made something similar to this with pork chops in the past, but I have a tenderloin I want to cook all day, while we run, so that it is ready when we get home tonight, so I've adapted my already adapted recipe. We shall see how this experiment turns out, but I want to post it so I don't forget what I did.

2 1/2 lb pork tenderloin
1 can petite diced tomato
1/4 cup balsmic vinegar
1 tsp garlic, minced
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp basil

6-8 slices bacon (I use the precooked Hormel brand, less fat to deal with, but still the flavor)
liberal amount of fresh grated Romano cheese

I browned the pork loin in a skillet with olive oil, salt and pepper. Then I placed it in a 9 x 13 baking dish, I cut a slit down the length and laid 4 slices of bacon lengthwise and then sprinkled about 1/4 cup cheese into that.

I wrapped the rest of the bacon around the tenderloin and held it in place with large toothpicks.

Mix the tomato, garlic, basil, oregano and vinegar, pour it over the tenderloin, letting the juice run in the slit. (I covered it with foil) Then bake in convection oven at 275 for 3 hours. Meanwhile, pray that it turns out tender and yummy, like the pork chops I usually do this to.


UPDATE: YUMMY!!!! It needed about another hour at 275, so when we got home, I sliced it and put it back in at 400 for about 20-30 minutes, uncovered. FABULOUS!!!! Tender, juicy and yuuuummmmmmmmmy!! Even the kids had seconds!!

Crumbled feta or some more romano would be good sprinkled on top too. YUM!!!

No comments: