Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Chicken Taco Soup

1 large can of chicken
1 can Mexicorn
1 can diced new potatoes
1 small can diced green chilies
1 cup shredded carrots
1 pkt Ranch dressing mix (McCormick makes some that is gluten free)
1 pkt chicken taco seasoning (McCormick again)
2-3 cans water
1 can Progresso Cream of Mushroom soup ( I run mine through the food processor so that there are no chunks of mushrooms for the hoodlums to pick out!!)

Pour it all in a big pot on the stove and bring to a simmer, let simmer for 20ish minutes till flavors are all yummy. Serve with a dollop of sour cream and some crushed Frito's on top.....YUM!!!!

This was fabulous. We ate it ALL. No leftovers for me for lunch today. This was one of those, ok, it's time for dinner, what can I throw together meals, an experiment gone yummy!

2 comments:

Paula said...

I made this the other night and it was really good. I did substitute, chicken broth for the water. I also added some sliced mushrooms and a can of white beans.

Paula said...

making again tonight...this time I've added black beans, diced tomatoes and cilantro.

Great basic recipe to build from.