Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Cornbread Muffins

these are okay. I need to play with this recipe some more, so if you do make these and they aren't perfect don't complain to me. I am warning you that they are not hte BEST corn muffins ever, the flavor is good, texture not quite right.

****UPDATE****** the next day (today) they were awesome!!! I guess they needed to sit a while, or maybe I was just realllly hungry, but they were much better today!******

1 cup cornmeal
1 cup Authentic Foods Multi Blend Flour
1/3 cup white sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

1 egg
1/4 cup oil
1 cup milk
1/2 cup sour cream

Second batch I added these things to:

**oh, and I replaced the cornmeal with Southern Homestyle Tortilla Crumbs in the 2nd batch**
1/2 tsp ground mustard
1/2 tsp cumin
1 cup shredded 3 pepper cheese blend (spicy cheese!) (whatever!)

Mix all dry ingredients, if using cheese then add to dry ingredients. Mix all wet ingredients together and then stir into the dry just until moist.

Spoon into prepared muffin pans (either sprayed or lined with paper liners), bake in preheated 400 oven (convection 375) for 15-20 minutes or till toothpick poked in comes out clean!

No comments: