Sunday, January 4, 2009

Meatballs

I made about 1000 meatballs before Thanksgiving and froze them. I forgot to record it here, so I am now going back and putting in what I can remember

1 lb ground sirloin
1 lb pork sausage
1 lb ground turkey breast

1 box crushed Glutino crackers
3/4 - 1 cup chopped sweet onion
4-6 cloves garlic, chopped

1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce or soy sauce (GF, San-J)
3-4 tbsp prepared Dijon mustard
3 eggs
8 0z V-8 vegetable juice

Mash all of that together and using an ice cream scoop, form into 2" balls. I baked mine in the oven for 15 minutes or so, until lightly browned, then cooled and put into bags in the freezer.

If anyone has a bad outcome, adds anything, let me know. They were really good and I am using the last of them tonight for meatball subs. So I will need to make more.

No comments: