Sunday, January 4, 2009

Spahsgetti Sauce

No jarred sauce in the pantry and it is too icky to go get some, so what do I do? Make my own of course!

I had
1 med. onionm chopped
5-6 cloves garlic, diced
1/4 cup or so olive oil

Saute that in large pot until onions are soft, then add the following

3 cans of tomato sauce
1 can petite diced tomato
1 small can tomato paste
1 capful of Mrs Dash Italian seasonings (I'd guess a heaping TBSP)
1-2 tsp sugar

stir all that together, bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for about an hour.

I threw in about 2 lbs of meatballs before I covered it. We shall see what happens, it smells yummy, but I am not picky like some testosterone carriers I know.......

I've also been baking today. I've used Gluten Free Pantry Sandwich bread mix and a mix from Anna's line of products. I'll let you know how those turn out too! The Gluten Free Pantry Italian bread is yummy, so I have high hopes for the Sandwich bread mix!

1 comment:

Tree said...

Love the spaghetti sauce recipe - looks divine! What brand of canned tomato products do you use that are gluten-free? My favorite is Hunts and they won't guarantee it to be GF. Thanks for sharing all your wonderful recipes! So many to try.