Friday, January 23, 2009

Bread!

SO, I've been on a baking kick lately. I bought several different bread mixes and finally tried the last one last night. It was one of my favorites.

Bob's Red Mill is a brown bread, sort of pumpernickle, rye bread flavor. It was ok, not one of my favorites. Very seedy, grainy, which I usually like, and it's not that I didn't like this, it was just different.

All of the Gluten Free Pantry breads were awesome. Light, airy, like real white bread! Made Italian breads and sandwich bread and all sorts of yummy's. Kids gobbled them up. Made bread sticks out of some by taking sheets of aluminum foil and making it into a long wadded up sausage looking thing. Laid several of those across a cookie sheet, then laid another long strip of foil over those, making sure to form it to the shape of the foil sausages! So I was able to make several long breadstick by placing small amounts of dough between the sausage strips.

Anna's breads was the one I made last night. It was awesome! I prefered wheat bread 'before' and this was as close as any I've tasted. It smelled a little weird in it's dough form, but after baking it really was fabulous! Had to hide several pcs for Sean to eat with his dinner or the kids would have eaten it all.

No comments: