Monday, May 26, 2008

On the prowl......

I am on the lookout for a fabulous Sweet Dijon Vinaigrette dressing. I have tried no fewer than 18 from the grocery and none have the right taste. So now I am searching for recipes to bastardize. I've got a few from Google....but if anyone has a good one already, please pass it on!!

When I was recovering from surgery my darling friend Susan brought over a fabulous salad....it had spinach, feta cheese, toasted almonds, mandarin oranges and of course, the sweet dijon vinaigrette dressing. I found it in one of those prepackaged salad mixes at the grocery.....I believe it is made by Fresh Express. I've taken my GI issues in my own hands because I am not 100% certain it is gluten free, but it is soooo darn good. I probably make this salad for myself about 8 times a week!

Anyway, that is why I am in search of a recipe.....I can make my own and be certain it is safe.

Mother's Day weekend, I did a baaad thing. Charles' team handed out these fantabulous chocolate bars for all the moms. I "glanced" at the ingredients and proceded to eat the bar and throw away the wrapper.....yeah.

Well, within a day or so I was icky......went searching for the chocolate bar in the grocery and couldn't find it....finally did about a week later at a different store and it had barley malt in it. So, I thoroughly enjoyed my chocolate, but am still deciding if it was worth it. I swear I am still getting over the effects of it

Anywhoooo, sweet dijon vinaigrette recipes........and READ the labels before you put it in your MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: