Sunday, May 25, 2008

Lemonade

Grant made himself lemonade yesterday.

Oy veh!!! We had a mess in the kitchen.

So today when he asked about it, I took over and showed him the right way to make lemonade.

4 lemons
2 limes

1 cup sugar
1 cup water

ice and water to finish making about a half gallon of lemonade

First run hot water and put the lemons and limes in it to soak while making the sugar water.

Second mix the sugar and 1 cup water in bowl and microwave 3 minutes or so....stir to dissolve.

Juice the lemons and limes, strain off seeds.

Pour sugar water over ice in pitcher, add juice and fill with water, stir and serve.

I like mine a little more tart, so I squeeze a bit more lemon in my glass, Grant likes his a bit sweeter, so he adds more sugar......easy to adjust to your tastes!!!

Happy summering!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Thanks Southern Belle, us Northerner's don't know how to make proper lemonade!!!
:)

Jen said...

I do what I can to properly edumacate you Northerners!!!

Southern Belle ......Bwwaaaahahahaaa!!! Sean will totally get a kick out of that!!

AlmostafarmerDeb said...

I can't sleep and was surfing the net tonight, saw your recipe...
Please look at this, don't consume hot tap water, don't heat it in the microwave in plastic containers either. In fact, I'm not sure you can consume anything and be safe anymore!!
http://www.epa.gov/OGWDW/lead/lead1.html
Aunt Deb B :)