Thursday, July 9, 2009

Betty Crocker


I just love her. I was grocery shopping yesterday and as I went down the GF aisle something new popped out at me. Betty Crocker Gluten Free mixes!!!!

I bought one of each and made 3 out of the 4 today. The brownies I followed the directions on the box, except I added half a bag of milk chocolate chips. They are FANTabULOUS!
The chocolate chip cookies I made exactly as the box, didn't change a thing and in the words of my Celiac friend "OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH, those taste like the real thing!!!!"
And the 3rd box I used was a yellow cake mix. Only I made butter cookies out of those. I used one stick of softened butter and one brick of cream cheese and a tsp or 2 of vanilla. Mixed that up good, added the mix and rolled in powdered sugar. Baked at 350 until golden on the edges. Very light and fluffy, not gritty at all!
I am in LOVE with these mixes after my first batch. HIGHLY recommend them!!! ENJOY!!!!

4 comments:

kellys4boys said...

I also have four boys and we are a gluten-free family except for vacations and Christmas. One question - are these Betty Crocker mixes also dairy-free?

Kelly

Jen said...

as far as I can tell they are. You have to add eggs, but I'm sure whatever dairy free substitute you normally use would work also.

They really were the BEST!!!!

kellys4boys said...

Thanks! Do you remember which store you bought it at? Was it a chain or a health food store?

Kelly

Jen said...

I got them at my local Pick N Save. My mom found them at her local Dierberg's. I haven't even checked our local health food store yet!