Tuesday, September 16, 2008

pickles!

pickling cucumbers, or seedless cucumbers, sliced or quartered (aka English cukes)
Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
2 cups vinegar
6 cups water
garlic, minced 3-7 cloves, minced
salt and pepper, lots of each
one jalapeno, seeded and sliced

dill weed (I actually did not add this to mine, didn't have it on hand, but doesn't seem to have mattered)


Ok, so slice or quarter the cukes. Thinly slice the onion. Throw everything in a big covered container and refridgerate for several hours before serving. My kids LOVE this. Landon even loves the onions! YEAH!

David says to me....."so mom, are pickles really like cucumbers?....

Yes, dear....pickles are exactly like cucumbers. Go figure!""

by the way....this is Kim's recipe, sort of......I altered it.....I know, hold onto your hat.......enjoy!

No comments: