Monday, April 9, 2007

Egg potato casserole

ok, so this incredibly easy breakfast that I forgot to put together the night before had to made in a skillet....and heavens sake, E A S Y......will do it this way from now on. The boys ate it ALL. no leftovers....they asked that I make it everyday......um, NO

1 pkg refrigerated shredded potatoes
1 pkg Tennesse Pride Mild sausage
9 eggs
a handful of so of cheese
a dash of milk and salt and pepper

so, throw the sausage in a skillet, when it is almost done add the potatoes and cover with lid, stir occasionally. Contimue cooking until everything is browned nicely.

In bowl, crack eggs, add a dash of milk and season if desired. Pour over potato/sausage mixture in skillet. Cover, let cook a few minutes until eggs start to set. Stir it a little to keep bottom from becoming too brown.

When eggs are cooked through, add shredded cheese and serve with salsa (or ketchup...blech)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is just what I was looking for - except oven casserole style. Would you please post any modifications needed if I were to bake this in the oven.

Thank you,
Nancy

PERMANENT POSIES said...

I was just looking for an oven egg casserole and I think I can make this work. I need it for a brunch and my daughter has Celiacs. Thought I would make one regular one and one glutten free. I will let you know how it works in the oven. Thanks.