Wednesday, August 13, 2008

mini cheescakes


I've been playing with cheesecakes and discovered how simple it is to make minis!

Here is the basic recipe for about 6 mini cheescakes.
1 brick cream cheese
1 egg
1/3 cup sugar
dash vanilla or 1/2 tsp any flavoring
For one batch I added 1/2 cup melted chocolate chips and used only 1/4 cup sugar...so it was easy to play with.
Anyway, I ran some gluten free animal cookies through the food processor. Used one stick of butter to one box of cookies ( I used Envirokids). Press about 1-2 heaping Tbsp of crushed cookie mixture in bottom of silicon cupcake thingy......I used the silicone so it was easy to pop them out, if you use a regular tin then I would suggest using paper (or even better foil) liners.
Anyway, so press the crumbs into the bottom of the cupcake rounds. Add cheesecake mixture....sprinkle with whatever yummy you have on hand.....I used crushed Heath bits for one batch.......chocolate and peanut butter chips for another batch, butterscotch chips for yet another and then left the chocolate ones alone and made my raspberry sauce to serve with those.
So bake that in a 350 oven...I forgot to look at the time, but I think it was somewhere around 20 minutes or so. I just watched to see when they were set. and then let them cool overnight before popping them out of the silicone pan.
They are so yummy and actually pretty easy and quick. And it is EASY to double, triple, whatever you want.....this is my basic recipe that I've always used for big cakes, I just pared it down for smaller batches.

2 comments:

Paula said...

Did you use mini cupcake pans or the regular ones? Also, I could use graham crackers and the butter...a whole box of graham or do you think about half?

Jen said...

Regular size cupcake things......and you have to use liners if you are NOT using the flexible ones.

And yeppers, to the other......I'd start with half, and then add more as needed.....but FIRST you HAVE to get a better food processor. Seriously. That thing SUCKS!