Saturday, January 12, 2008

Tomato soup and grilled cheese bread

Grant LOVES tomato soup, but I don't buy the Campbells anymore, since I can't use it in my regular cooking. So last night I tried something......and just so you know, I did not try this as I don't care for plain old tomato soup, but Grant loved it.

8 oz tomato sauce (small can)
5.5 oz V8 (low sodium, small can)
1 cup water
1 tsp Better Than Boullion chicken flavor

heat that on stove and serve. Made 2 bowls full.

for this I used a Kinnikinik pizza crust, both sides buttered and place in oven about 350 until browned, I had to flip it once, to get both sides browned.

Then a slice of American cheese and a slice of Muester cheese, back in oven until cheese melts. Slice into 1/4's and serve with soup.

That I did eat, and it was yummy. I generally don't care for the "K" pizza crusts, they are too thick and sweet for me, but this use was good for them. I usually only use them in a pinch.

No comments: