Monday, June 4, 2007

Apple Crumble

I had a brunch this morning and wanted something yummy, so I went experimenting again...... Turned out YUMMMY!!!

6-8 large apples, peeled and sliced thin
1/2 cup or so white sugar
1/2 cup or so brown sugar
juice from one large lemon
some cinnamon
1 cup pecans
1/2 cup Chebe cinnamon roll mix, rest used below

Mix all that together and place in baking dish.

1 stick butter, not melted, but almost, just really soft
1 pkg Chebe cinnamon roll mix, rest of pkg from above
1 cup or so McCann steel cut oats
1 cup or so chopped pecans

mix all that together with a fork and knife, sort of cutting the butter into the mix. Sprinkle on top of apples, slightly pressing with hands. Bake for 1 hour at 350, or until apples are bubbly.

You can add more sugar if you want this sweeter, but I like a little tartness to mine. This is basically the same thing as the Apple Dump thing that I made in January, but this turned out even better!!!! I would recommend using the Chebe mix for this!!!

I've not had good luck with the Chebe cinnamon roll mix for other things, but this one is GOOD!!!

No comments: